Wednesday, October 8, 2008

the truth about wheat

No matter how many times in the past week alone I have screamed messages of hate/blamed New York City for stealing my soul, I love it. I love it because it is interesting and I love it because you never know what to expect and I love it because of the energy and the possibility that something exciting (or totally random, or both) can happen at any moment of any day.

Now, what the fuck is the "Urban Wheat Field Experience" ????

I didn't know either, until I was staring out the bus window the other day and saw a field of grass (but really, it was wheat) blowing in the wind in the middle of the South Street Seaport. I decided to grab my camera and investigate.


Apparently the exhibit served to educate us city-dwellers on the life of wheat ( their slogan is "from farm to fork"). I never really gave much thought to wheat before, and didn't know there were so many misconceptions about it.

If you'd like to learn the truth about wheat, you can visit the Wheat Foods Council, the sponsor of the project, 's website. *shrugs*

I guess you learn something new every day.



No comments: