Friday, October 31, 2008

so long, october

Things I didn't do during the month of October that I really wanted to :
1. The Annual Project Sunshine Pumpkin Fest in Central Park. A makeshift pumpkin patch with free pumpkins, carving stations, tasty and reasonably priced fall treats, little children being adorable in their costumes, and thousands of pumpkins lit up at dusk.

2. The College Group at the Met's Fall Soiree. This year it was a disco. Not my favorite theme, but I was willing to give it a try, because I am obsessed with the Met parties. Free food, dancing, live music, art, a candlelit grand staircase, and best of all...While all of your non-city friends drone on about their lame frat parties with their red cups and beer, you can nonchalantly mention that you attended a soiree at the Met. I guess I'll just have to wait for the spring party.

3. See any of the shows that are closing, including but not limited to : [title of show], Legally Blonde, etc.

October 2008 kicked my ass in every possible way. I am excited for tomorrow, which is 1. November 2. the almost official start of the holiday season 3. THE MONTH THEY SET UP ALL OF THE HOLIDAY MARKETS.


No comments: